Monday, January 21, 2008

ELMOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!


Elmo has taken over my life. It's one of the first things I hear in the morning and one of the last things I hear at night. We have elmo movies, elmo dolls, elmo cups, elmo clothes, elmo coloring books, elmo's world, elmo books, and more. So as you may have guessed, Carly loves Elmo. He is the cure- all, he can turn any frowning face upside down. She will actually sit and watch Elmo for stretches of time, no other show or toy can do that. When we go anywhere, I must bring Elmo just in case. When she woke up in the middle of the night because of an incoming molar, what one word did she say? Elmo! But despite all the Elmo that I endure every day, I don't really mind. I don't find Elmo to be as obnoxious as some shows, and Elmo's world is educational. And, like most moms, if something will entertain my child for even 10 minutes, it's wonderful. So for now it's Elmo, Elmo, and more Elmo!!!

6 comments:

Mack Attack said...

You have mucho Elmo stuff cuz you buy it friend. It's not Elmo that has taken over your life, it's Carly!!!! -Uncle Ben

Krissy said...

I just am not sure if Laurie has informed you of how much Brandon LOVED big bird as a little boy. He loved him so much and was big bird one year for Halloween. I have a picture somewhere of him in that costume. I'm pretty sure "Bi Bir"(as he pronounced it), was one of his first words. Brandon was the cutest, sweetest, my most favorite little boy that I have ever watched! Sorry Jers, but your'e a close runner-up. I think that cute Trent would be right up there too! I don't know, and haven't been around Jess's cutest boys or Jeremy's cutest boy, but I'm sure I would love them just as much. But hands down...Brandon is the winner! I could hardly wait each time I got to babysit him. One time, I picked him up and we drove to Del Mar to get a shaved ice. He was probably 4. I could go on and on about Jergensen kids, but I must get back to work. Enjoy the moments...they disappear so quickly :( ! Love, Krissy

Lindsey and Ben said...

I love it! Elmo is fun and we have definitely gone through that obsessive phase of Elmo! Now we arae onto to High School Musical!

Jen and Bryan said...

Just wait until she starts to like BARNEY!!! I try to get the TV off before he comes on but today I missed and Carter starting pitching the most serious fit when I turned it off. I even offered him candy hearts but, NO, he wanted the stupid dino. SUCKS!!!

Starley Family said...

Yes the red furry guy has warmed Katelyn's heart too. As has Pooh and Tigger but most of all Lady and the Tramp. 7 hour plane trips really gave us a variety this Christmas. Oh and entertainment needs during Nate's basketball season when I have art class. Don't you love it all...hey there are bigger battles out there.

Starley Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.