Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hawaii!

For Thanksgiving we went with my family to Hawaii. I know, I know, these pictures are a bit late since it's almost Christmas but hey, better late than never! I decided to do something a little different this time for our pictures. I'm going to give you the behind the scenes look at our trip. Enjoy!

Carly and Brandon having fun!

Just hanging around!

My sister Jessica and her um, husband Ben. Why is it that guys can't just smile?

Our little encampment by the pool for the day, including baby tent! The pool was great, complete with water slides, pirate ship, and waterfalls.

Tyler snoozing by the pool.

Here's Brandon pretending he's Bear Gryllis from "Man vs. Wild"!

The rest of us chose to stay on the shore and throw rocks in the water. Carly thought it was great fun!

Here's the girls hang out on the beach, enjoying the sunset.

Here's Brandon trying to push over the IOA Needle. This was our second trip b/c the first time we went, it was closed off due to rain!

Carly had a great time running around while waiting for Brandon to finish his bet with Natalie. He had to run up and down the stairs to the look out 7 times for $20! There were 133 steps. No comment.

We made Brandon a little tunnel to run through when he was finished. Definitely not worth $20!

Our second day in Hawaii, we took the advice of a local and took the scenic route back to the resort. It was a long, narrow, windy road and we all wanted to throw ourselves off the cliff about half way through.

Carly and I spent most of the drive asleep after realizing the views weren't really that great!

We went to dinner at Cheeseburgers in Paradise. Brandon decided to buy Carly a real lei. It only cost $11!!!! And she wouldn't wear it even for the picture!


Thanks Mom and Dad for the wonderful trip! We had a lot of fun and it was nice to take a break from the everyday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the invite! :-) Can't wait to meet little Tyler for the first time! I also can't wait to get out of this snow! ugh!

Mrs. Godfrey said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun.

Ahhh....Cheeseburgers in Paradise. I love that place.

Trisha said...

I’m so jealous! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I love family vacations. I really like the picture of Brandon pushing over that mountain. You guys have such a cute little family.

Rachel said...

That was a fun post! And like Gwee, I too am so jealous! Although, right about now, I'd just be happy to come visit you guys in CA. It's about time eh? We are planning on Disney Land next year so hopefully, we'll see you then.
I love the pictures. The one by the pool was great, it looks just like paradise!