Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tomorrow's the big day!

I'm sorry to all of you who are finding this out for the first time on such short notice. I meant to post this earlier and well, time got away from me.
Tomorrow we are taking Tyler in for his heart surgery! After 5 and half months of waiting, it's finally here. Just to recap, Tyler has an A/V septal defect which has to be corrected by open heart surgery or he will eventually have heart failure. Scary! So the poor little guy gets to go in for a 6 hour surgery and then spend between 7 to 14 days in the hospital recovering.
Today we spent 5 hours at the hospital doing all the pre-op work from drawing blood to an x-ray to meeting with the surgeon. It was a long day and Tyler did great! We got the go ahead for surgery tomorrow.
Despite how scary all of this sounds, I have really good feeling about this. I know it is something that has to be done and I've had 5 months to prepare myself. I do feel at peace about it. It's a great hospital with wonderful nurses, doctors, secretaries, etc.
I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. We feel so loved and so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends in our life.
We'll keep you updated!


8 comments:

Angela Hill said...

Good luck baby Tyler!!!

Unknown said...

Keep us updated! OUr thoughts and of course prayers are with you guys...we love you tons and tons!!!! give him a kiss for us!!

The Brunson Family said...

Let us know what we can do to help you out.

Maree said...

Keeping you in our prayers. Let me know if you need something!

Amber said...

I'm praying that everything goes well.

Our Bitter Sweet Life with T1D said...

Best Wishes with the surgery and hospital stay. We will be praying for you. Also, I learned when Addy was in the hospital that if you are breastfeeding and your baby is in the hospital, they can bring you the meals while you are at the hospital because you are feeding the baby. I don't know if they will let you feed him after surgery or not, but it is worth asking about. It sure saved us some money at the cafeteria. Wish we were closer to be able to help out, but know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Lindsey and Ben said...

I hope that all went well with the surgery and that Tyler is recovering and doing well! Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Love, The Brewsters!

Liz said...

I hope all went well with Tyler's surgery.
Liz