Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Despite it all...


Heading out to Grandma J's with her backpack like Dora!

For those of you who have been wondering, Tyler is doing well. We are headed down the road of recovery. We're maybe not moving at the fastest speed but each day Tyler is overcoming another step and doing great. He is the probably the oldest baby in the NICU due to the fact that he would have gone to the PICU if it weren't for the heart bypass machine he needed for a few days. The nurses all find him to be quite entertaining and quite busy. I tried to tell them but I don't think they really believed me until they took him off the sedation medication. We're currently on the waiting list for the PICU due to the fact that they are filled to the brim. Meanwhile, he will continue to progress happily in the NICU and keep the nurses entertained with his little antics. (Blowing raspberries, trying to pull on anything he can wrap his fingers around, and attempting to wiggle out of his bed which he is almost too big for!)
Carly continues to amaze me each day through all of this. She seems unaffected for the most part. We talk about Tyler every day and how he is still at the doctors getting better. She informed me the other day that she needed to go wash her hands so she could go see Tyler. It was sad to have to explain to her that they only let mamas and dadas into where Tyler is. Last night she asked me where we were going to go next, "Grandma B's, Grandma J's or KK's?" It came out as just a general question like it was normal life that she would go play some where while I went and saw Tyler. And in the middle of this, she is picking up some spanish from watching Dora the Explorer. Yesterday, while playing at McDonalds, she announced to her two new friends, "Vamanos! Arriba!" She keeps me quite entertained and I'm pretty sure she's the smartest 2 1/2 year old around!
Thanks to everyone for their prayers! We have seen and felt the impact they have had on our current situation. Love you all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

not only the smartest but the cutest two year old around! haha I am so so glad to hear things are getting better and going a little more smoother. We wish we closer...I SOOOOOOOOOOOO wish that especially with this cold weather that never seems to disappear! Hey did you hear what Jess is having?!

Angela Hill said...

thanks for the update. You are constantly in my thoughts. Glad to hear he is doing better.

Pandy said...

Carissa, I haven't talked to your mom for a few days, so I was so happy to hear all the good reports about Tyler. He's a fighter and we're all thrilled that he's growing stronger. I'm sure you'll be anxious to bring him home and have this behind you. He remains in our prayers.

Steve and Amanda said...

Definitely the smartest, but only b/c camryn is not that old!!! So glad to hear that Tyler is doing well despite all of his little challenges lately. We love you guys and can't wait to see you again!!!

Rachel said...

Ya, my mom's been telling me that about Carly. I'm glad she's doing well through all of this and that the little man is getting better.
We love you!!

Zwick family said...

Hi Brandon and Carissa,
This is your cousin, Andrea. So happy to hear that Tyler is doing so well. Brings back memories of our NICU days with Ellie. We are praying for you guys and love you so much!!! Talk to you soon!!!

Love,
Andrea