Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tyler is here!


I am not very good at posting- Carissa is usually the one that does it! For those that don't know, Tyler William Jergensen was born on September 1, 2008- yes labor day (fitting for Carissa) and for those that have been waiting- here are some pics of the cute little guy. Sorry they have taken so long to get out. For those doing the math right now and thinking that Carissa wasn't due until the end of september, yea he was born 4 weeks early! Carissa started feeling contractions at 2:30 on Monday afternoon so we headed over to the hospital and they checked to make sure she was in labor, which she was and 7 hours later little Tyler was born. We had to do a C-section because he was breech, that went well, just a little pain still but she is recovering good. Now onto Tyler. When he was born they noticed that he had many features that are present in down syndrome babies and they also noticed a heart murmur. He was taken into the NICU and they made the decision to transfer him down to Children's hospital in San Diego. He has been in the NICU at Children's for the past 4 days and every day is getting much better. Today they decided to take him out of the NICU and into an intermediate care room. Hopefully he should be home in the next few days. YEAH! We are pretty sure he has down syndrome but they cannot say for 100% until the chromosome test comes back which should be sometime this week. He does have a heart condition that is very frequent in down syndrome babies called AV (atrioventricular) septal defect. You can look it up if you want- I have explained it soooooo many times! They control it with meds for the first 4-6 months of his life and then do a surgery to repair the defect. The success rate is very high and we have been comforted with all the blessings and prayers that others have given to us and to Tyler! We are very excited to have this special spirit in our lives and can't wait to beable to bring him home. Here are some pics of the cute guys and if you want more info feel free to call Carissa or I- it is a lot of info to try and write in a blog!





24 comments:

Sherry Armstrong said...

Dear Carissa and Brandon, I was so thrilled to hear that your little boy is finally here. The Lord has sent you a precious special needs child and I know that you will enjoy him so much. I have sent out a prayer request to our church for his continued recovery and trip home! I can't wait for the next Jerjenson get-together to see Tyler! May the Lord Bless your family. Respectfully, Sherry Armstrong (Hank's Mom!)

Lisa said...

Wow! 4 weeks early, that's actually kind of nice. Those last 4 can take 4-EVER! Thanks for telling us what has been going on. We'll give some extra prayers for Tyler. It looks like Carly loves him. She's adorable in the pictures. Congrats on your little boy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys! He's a cutie. Also, Carly's hair is getting so long. How is she liking being a big sister?

Aaron and Melissa said...

I am so glad everything went okay with the delivery and that he is here! He looks so precious! I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers...hopefully he will get to come home soon...that is rough to have him still at the hospital! Congratulations on your sweet little guy and please keep us posted on how he is doing!

Steve and Amanda said...

Thanks for the pictures...we have anxiously been awaiting more pictures of cute little Tyler. Carly is too much for words. Quite possibly the sweetest girl EVER (yes including Camryn...we use different adjectives for her!) We love you guys and can't wait for Tyler to meet all of his cousins.

Leale said...

rob is actually talking on the phone with you right now, but just wanted to tell you congratulations again. you two are blessed to have such a wonderful baby in your lives. with challenge will come some of the greatest blessings you will ever receive. the lord knew he could entrust you with one of his sweetest spirits and what a priviledge that is. we are still planning our san diego trip and look forward to seeing you then. wish we could be there with you now.

much love,
the leale's

Burnhams said...

Oh, I am so glad I get to see more pictures of this little guy. I am so in love with him, and I am SOOO glad that he is doing so well. Hopefully he will get to come home soon. We love you guys and have been praying for your little family. Keep us updated. I'm sure we'll talk again later. LOVE YOU ALL!

Whit said...

He is beautiful you guys. Congrats.

Jen and Bryan said...

You guys!! Congrats! He's so darling and I ADORE downsyndrome kids. They have such amazing spirits and exude love no matter the circumstances. I wish I could do that... but I'm a red head. :) I can't wait to see more pictures and we'll keep Tyler in our prayers for a safe and fast homecoming. Congratulations again.

KatieB said...

congratulations! it must have been so scary to go into labor so early and having a baby in the NICU just always breaks your heart with all the IVs and junk. keep us posted!

Lindsey and Ben said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so cute and it looks like Carly just adores him! We will be praying for Tyler to be able to quickly come home!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh Carissa he is adorable! He is so stinkin' cute I can't stand it! And I love the picture of Carly with him!! Congratulations you guys! I can't wait to come and visit, sometime soon!

Brookie said...

Hi! I'm Brooke Wollesen (Brittany Fox's sister-friends with Amanda). It's great to see pictures up already! I too had my little Haley 3 1/2 weeks early and it was a little scary (and in the NICU for 5 days). Haley did have the heart murmer, but it cleared up by age 1. I can totally relate with all your going through right now with all your new information. If you'd like to chat, I would love to. Haley is such a joy to our family as will Tyler be to yours. I had no idea what a positive thing it was going to be for our family. Hang in there!!!
Brooke

Brookie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha said...

How exciting!! What an amazing little guy, I can't want to see him in real life. What a sweet little blessing and Carly looks so cute with him. You guys have such a cute little family!! I love you!!
Gwee

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Congrats you guys!! What a beautiful baby. I love his fuzzy blonde hair. Carly looks like she is already thrilled with being a big sister.

Amy D said...

Hey guys, Carissa you have gone through so much in this pregnancy and overcome all of it. I know God does not give us more than we can handle. I know he thinks very highly of you and Brandon. Tyler is such a blessing! I know you will be an exceptional mom to him just like you are to Carly. You know you can always call me to watch Carly when you need a break. I'm here for you! Love, your BFF Amy

Angela Hill said...

congratulations, he is gorgeous. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so scary and stressful you guys will be in our thoughts and we will send positive vibes your way!!!

Liz said...

Brandon and Carissa. Congratulations on your new baby boy. You will love him to pieces. He is very handsome, and has such beautiful skin. We will keep you and your fmaily in our prayers. I hope all is going well for you and you recover from your c-section.

Keep us updated.
Scott and LIz Memmott

Erin said...

so i found your blog after todd said brandon had shown him pictures from it today (and i was mad i hadn't seen pictures). he is such a beautiful little guy! can't believe that blonde hair. hopefully i'll get to meet him soon :-).

Amber said...

Congratulations!! Tyler is such a cutie! I love the picture of him and Carly. I hope you're able to bring him home soon.

Ashby said...

Brandon and Carissa,
Congratulations on the arrival of your sweet little angel! I hope all goes well with his tests and that he's able to come home soon.
--Ashby (Stringham) Hatch

Rachael said...

The sweetness of a little one. I can't wait to meet him! Love you guys!

Jessica D. said...

Hi Carissa (and family)! This is Jessica Daily, from Maryland. I wanted to say Congrats on your gorgeous baby boy! Also, I was born with an Atrial Septal Defect as well, and I know that the way it is handled these days is spectacular compared to 20+ years ago. I will keep you and Tyler in my prayers that everything goes smoothly.