Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update!

Well, Tyler is now a month old and is doing great. He is a wonderful baby who hardly cries and sleeps a ton. Carly loves being a big sister. Granted, she has her moments when she wants me to put Tyler down and hold her. (I've learned how to hold her and feed Tyler at the same time.) Carly is very loving and gives Tyler lots of kisses and wants to help change his diapers, feed him and give him baths. And Tyler is a very good little brother. He has tolerated being poked, covered in stickers and had a ball bounced off his head with little or no response. Brandon and I are surviving having a newborn and getting through the day with less sleep. Brandon is great about helping me in the middle of the night and being supportive of my new mom hormones and recovery from my c-section.
Medically, Tyler is doing great. The cardiologist said his heart is doing well and he is still on schedule for surgery at 4 to 5 months of age. He also gave us the okay today to go to Hawaii for Thanksgiving! We've had this planned for almost a year and it's exciting to know that we can still go.
Here's some pictures and hopefully, I'll remember to take more. (I'm sad that I didn't get a picture of the sticker moment.)




11 comments:

Lisa said...

Tyler looks so small in his carseat. It's cute! I'm glad things are going well for you guys and jealous you are going to Hawaii.

Liz said...

Carissa.

He is a handsome little boy. Congratulations again! I hope that all is well with Tyler. Glad your Dr gave permission to go to Hawaii, You will have lots of fun.
PS Send me your email and I will invite you to my blog
LIz Memmott
lizzers26 (@)gmail (dot) com

Burnhams said...

I am so glad you put up more pictures!!!! He is so adorable! What a sweet little guy. Hawaii is going to be so fun. I am way jealous. We love you guys!

BTW, Carly is so beautiful! Carissa, I think she is starting to look more and more like you.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update Cree. He is still adorable!

Angela Hill said...

thanks for the update. we've been wondering. Glad things are going well, have fun in Hawaii!!!

Krissy said...

He is so cute. If I could only kiss those kissable cheeks. Those kissable cheeks sure remind me of Brandons little newborn kissable cheeks :) Little Carissa is so adorable and you can tell she has the sweetest little disposition. Congratulations on your darling little family. So glad you all are doing well!

Steve and Amanda said...

Krissy must have been writing too fast to realized that it was Carly she was talking about! Is that Tyler in the hospital bed? How old was he in the pics? I could have guessed that Carly was going to be the best big sister!

KatieB said...

he looks delicious! so jealous of your hawaii trip!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

The pic of him dressed in white and in the carseat were taken at the hospital as we were packing up to take him home.

Parkinson Family said...

What a precious little boy! It looks like you're coping with parenting two special little ones really well! Congratulations! Have fun in Hawaii!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

What a little angel. Love those chubby kissable newborn cheeks. I can't imagine taking a newborn to Hawaii... you are a brave woman... let us all know how it goes! Carly gets cuter and cuter with every post. We still haven't met her in person!!