Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Being a mom of 2...


Of 2 kids or of a 2 year old, which ever way you want to interpret it. So every morning I wake up with a few specific goals in mind. Nothing big. Just the usual things, take a shower, clean up some clutter, take care of my kids, do a chore or two. And yet here I sit, taking a break to gather myself and keep my sanity, having accomplished only one thing on my list at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I spent the morning trying to feed and dress a creature who takes every opportunity she can to run away or just simply be uncooperative. My mom was nice enough to take my creature to story time during which I spent my time taking care of my new little bug who decided to spend an hour eating and not to got to sleep until right when my creature got back. I just finished eating my burnt pizza lunch which became burnt after I had to clean pizza sauce off the hands, face and arms of my creature who was quite upset about having to now go take a nap. So to all the moms out there, I know how you feel and to all the dads out there, this is why it looks like your wife did nothing all day. When in reality, the fact that we manage to do anything and keep our sanity is, on some days, a miracle. But if you ask us, we wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world. It would be nice to have a day off once in a while though.

6 comments:

Angela Hill said...

AMEN!!! Don't worry it gets easier. your kids don't bathe for days at a time, but it gets easier!!

Armstrongs said...

Love the post! I think I am going to print it out and put it as one of my journal entries to describe my exact feelings when I Nolan was about 1 month old!!!

I promise it gets better!!!

Lindsey said...

Hey Carissa! This is Lindsey Hawley (Harper). I just found your blog through others (long story)...I hope you don't mind me blog stalking! I recently had a baby too and I have a two year old, so I can totally relate to your post! At this very moment, I haven't eaten, my hair is wet...no make up on and my son's still in his pajamas at 11 am! Your kids are adorable. I'm glad you guys are doing well! I need your email address and I'll invite you to my blog too.

Rachel said...

I hear ya sister! If only the husbands could really know and understand! At least I'm learning to let things roll off my back and worry more about the happiness of my kids. I am at their total mercy when one of them asks me to "play" with them or read to them. I seriously stop what I'm doing and try to be with them, even if I don't have a ton of time, I'll still tell them that "I can" for a little bit!
Let the real mommy days begin Cree! Now that you have more than one. But it is VERY rewarding I must say, no matter how tiring. (: Luv ya!

Zwick family said...

I remember those days so well! It all sounds very normal and typical. When things got really bad....I went into "survival mode." Those days there were no lists, no cooking, nothing....just survival with some videos and treats! Don't be hard on yourself. Just doing the kids some days is all you can do, and it's all that's really important anyway. You are a wonderful mom and we love you!

Lis said...

Well said!! Don't worry, it does get a little easier to juggle two... at times! :)