Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mine!



The second picture is to remind those of you who have forgotten, that Brandon IS the Chargers' BIGGEST FAN! And he is just so proud that his little girl requested to wear her pink LT jersey last Sunday. I'm pretty sure she would have worn it to church if I had not been there.
The first picture is what I call a poor child's playhouse. We built Carly a playhouse out of our moving boxes and she loves it! She especially loves that she can take markers and crayons and color it. I'm just waiting for the day when she decides to try that on one of the walls in our condo. I have to say that she never ceases to amaze me. Today she took the TV remote from me and said very firmly, "Mine!" and then proceeded to change the channel from Ellen to Dr. Phil! I had to explain to her that we don't watch Dr. Phil. Yesterday, we were at a kids clubhouse playing and she informed the little boy in the firetruck very loudly that "Na, Na, Na, Mine, Mine!" Apparently he was in her seat! Maybe some people would be concerned that, after this behavior, their child was going to be a handful. I can't help but be happy to know this early that she will not be a pushover and that she will be able to hold her own in our ever increasingly tumultuous world. And that's my thought for today.

3 comments:

AJ said...

Why buy a "nicer" house if she loves the one you made for her. Its a "smart parents" playhouse.

Steve and Amanda said...

Carissa- I think our kids got switched somewhere before they came here...weren't you suppose to get the girl with all the hair do play with and I was suppose to get the girl who I didn't have to do anything to her hair if I didn't want too? I do love Camryn's hair, but I find it as another excuse not to do my own!

Aaron and Kalle said...

My best memory as a child was when my parents got a new washer and dryer. Oh yes that meant I had an amazing play house, that no one could get in but me. I think Carly is a lucky girl that her parents care enough to make her a play house.