Friday, May 23, 2008

It's A Boy!!!

Surprise! We're having a boy. I thought about putting the ultrasound picture confirming that it's a boy but I then I thought that would be a little inappropriate. :) I'll just save it to put in his photo albums to show his future dates! Brandon is so excited to get his boy. He has probably already signed him up for little league in four years, Baby Boy Jergensen. And of course, I'm excited too. I'm a little wary coming from a family of all girls and having a girl but I'm sure I'll catch right on. :)
This past week has not gone the way I'd planned. Our car, honda passport, finally called it quits last friday when Brandon was driving home from work. It was a great car, always reliable through many long road trips. May it rest in peace. On a brighter note, we did get a new car, a honda pilot. Yea! Carly gets so excited every time we get in the car. "New car! New car!" My girls' weekend at my sister's house was basically ruined when I woke up sick on the second day there. I pretty much spent the next five days on the couch. Many thanks to my parents for helping out with Carly. It was really disappointing getting sick but I wake up each day feeling a little better so I'm hoping by Sunday when we leave for Palm Springs that I'll be good to go. I guess it's better luck next time as far as girls trips go!

15 comments:

Angela Hill said...

yeah, a boy!!! boys are a hoot, you'll have lots of fun. Have you thought of any names? Remember you can always change your mind later ;)

Krissy said...

Congratulations to the both of you. I can hardly wait to see this little guy. Carissa, there really is something so amazing between a mother and son relationship. After three girls, this boy of mine has been the perfect ending. I have had so much fun being a mom to this special boy of mine. You should feel thrilled and honored to have this boy. Congrats!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

That's so awesome guys, congratulations. We are so happy for you!

Amber said...

yay Carissa!

That's so exciting! Congratulations!


-Amber Grant

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding out it's a boy! We are excited for you both. I think I'm going to buy stock in Chargers baby clothes seeing as they are going to see a major spike in retail purchases here in a few months.

Lisa said...

Congrats on having a boy! And the new car!

Starley Family said...

Congratulations!!!! I didn't know you were expecting (I must have missed that post). I can't wait to see all the fun Brandon has sporting him out.

Oh and congrats on the new car too!

Aaron and Kalle said...

Congradulation on the baby and the new car. Luckily Brandon does have plenty of experience with only 2 sisters. When are you due?

Jayne said...

Yeah! Boys are great! I watched Jeff fight with lightsabers at the park for the first time today. He was really careful, but still holding his own against Scout. ANYWAY, congrats. two is hard, but i think it is more fun too.

Liz said...

Carissa
Congratulations on a boy that is so exciting. BOys are pretty easy! I love my boys. It is fun to check your blog. Sorry you were sick for your sisters weekend
Liz Memmott

Jen and Bryan said...

Congrats!! You are going to love having a boy! They are a blast and a completely different world than girls. Any names yet?

Our Bitter Sweet Life with T1D said...

Congrats! I didn't even know you were expecting, but I haven't been keeping up with anyone's blog lately either. How fun. Best Wishes to you guys.

adventure knitter said...

congrats! i share you feelings about having a boy. after have two girls I wonder what I'll do with a boy, but i'm super excited!

Lindsey and Ben said...

Congratulations to you guys! That is awesome! When are you due? Have you thought of any names?

Katie said...

I have been browsing through your blog and came across this fun entry! Congrats!