Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Funny Girl!

I thought I'd share some of the things Carly has done recently that have cracked me up!

Last Sunday while I was getting ready for church, Carly came down the hall like this. I thought she looked just like a bag lady! What you can't really see is that she is wearing no pants and she had been walking around the house collecting things just like a bag lady!

Here's a few fun phrases as of recent. With Carly it is no longer just "no", it's "no way!" If you ask her a question that she doesn't know the answer, she just replies "yellows". Every ball is a "basketball" no matter the shape, size or color. If you ask where anyone or anything is, she usually replies "went bye bye!".

And now a little bragging on my part. Today Carly tripped and fell and I asked her where it hurt and she actually said her knee and pointed to it! We were walking to our clubhouse for song time and I wasn't paying attention and missed a turn. Carly pulled on my hand and pointed to where we were suppose to go! At first I thought she was wrong but she kept pulling until I got a clue. Maybe she inherited Brandon's sense of direction b/c I don't have any!

One last story, I just had to share. Last Saturday, we went to the pool. Carly and I were on the edge of the pool playing with toys while my sister was swimming. I was chatting and next thing I knew, Carly bent over too far and did a face dive into the pool and was completely under water! My sister was right there and scooped her up. She came out sputtering and I just couldn't help laughing! I would assume most parents would be more concerned for their child but I was wishing I'd had my camera or video camera to document her first falling in the pool experience! Is that bad?

1 comment:

Krissy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDON!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was the day Brandon was born. Laurie was nice enough to let me take over from there. There has never been a sweeter, cuter, more fun baby to love and to hold then that Brandon( besides my very own children). Brandon was practically my own. That carly is so darn cute,and just as sweet I'm sure. Thanks Carissa for sharing these fun stories of Carly. I absolutely love reading about her and watching her grow up. I hope you have a fun day for Brandons birthday!